A redevelopment of four existing laboratories in the original 1950’s Veterinary Medicine Building on the University’s West Campus Site into a new suite of 5no. Category 3 Laboratories. The existing laboratories occupy part of the second floor of the building bounded by the main lecture theatre and a fire escape stair which remained live and passed through the construction site.
This logistically complex scheme required extensive liaison with the statutory (HO) and security services and some of these requirements became key drivers of the design solution.
University of Cambridge